Pear Maple Walnut Crisp

I sorta feel like we're re-visiting fall during this January thaw. To go along with last night's butternut squash risotto, I made a pear crisp to use up some lingering fridge items. I mostly made dessert as an answer to a question my husband always asks about one-dish dinners: "what are we gonna eat with that?". He always wants to put it on bread, whatever it is.

I can't give you exact quantities, as I just threw in what I had: 2 different types of very ripe pears, the last few raw walnuts, half a lemon, less than a handful of hardening golden raisins, and a few teaspoons of maple syrup left in a small container... was it a wedding gift, maybe, from more than a year ago? Don't worry, my Vermonter friends, there is another big jug in the cupboard.


Here's the gist of it:


Pear Maple Walnut Crisp

(4 small ramekins)
2 Pears, peeled and cut into equal chunks
Golden raisins
Maple Syrup
Lemon juice

Topping:
(referred to my apple craisin crisp but was lazy and omitted some things)

¼ C quick cook Oats

1 Tbsp margarine

1 Tbsp flour

2 Tbsp brown sugar

Chopped Walnuts (or in my case, I beat what was in the package with the bottom of a saucepan to crush them)

Combine filling in ramekins. Melt butter in a bowl for the topping, and mash all ingredients together. Sprinkle over ramekins. Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes - when pears are bubbling.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.




Comments

Trending Posts