Stir-Fry Vegetables with Cashew Nuts
1 T Vegetable / Canola Oil
1 small Onion, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 large Carrot, cut into sticks
1 C fresh Green Beans, trimmed, cut into 2" pieces (or snap them, more fun)
1 C fresh Baby Corn (large ones cut in half lengthwise)
Salt & Pepper
Zest of 1 lemon
1 T margarine
3/4 C Vegetable Stock
1 T Lemon Juice
2 tsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce (Kikkoman - with the green label)
1/2 C raw Cashews
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a shallow pan. Add onions and saute about 4 minutes, and add garlic, cooking another 2 minutes and stirring.
2. Add carrots first and cook about 2 minutes while cutting the beans. Add beans for another 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Add baby corn and season everything with salt and pepper. Zest the lemon with a micro-plane over the pan and stir in.
4. Melt a pat of butter or margarine into the pan and then add the stock, lemon juice and soy sauce. Continue to stir from time to time over medium heat, about 5 minutes, while the vegetables absorb the sauce. Taste and season again if necessary.
5. Add cashews to the pan for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, just to heat them through.