Strawberry Gingerale


Have you ever gotten a pint of strawberries home from the store, only to find that all the ones hidden in the middle are half-rotten? It's quite irritating.

Instead of throwing them out, or just letting them sit in there while you eat the others, save them by rinsing and trimming off all the bad parts. Remove the leaves and slice them up into a container. Sprinkle with a little sugar and honey, stir them up, and put them in the fridge for later.


The sugar-marinated strawberries become a sweet, syrupy, treat overnight. You can use them on yogurt, ice cream, over toast or waffles, or blended up in drinks.


Yesterday, I had just such a half-rotten pint of strawberries arrive with my groceries. There was stupid red juice all over the counter. I was pissed. Until I realized I had already bought strawberries the day before, and now I have 2 pints. So I took all the bad ones, a few extra, and sliced them up with sugar and some really good honey from India. Today I made them into mind-blowingly delicious strawberry gingerale!

Strawberry Gingerale
1-1/2 C sliced strawberries
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp honey
3/4 C Gingerale
Mix strawberries, sugar and honey. Cover and chill overnight. 

With a blender or hand-held blender, puree the strawberry mixture. Pour into a glass and top with gingerale. Mix, and drink immediately.

Comments

Trending Posts