We're really liking this new Macro Vegan section of the grocery store. We picked up a package of Macro Vegan Thai Chicken and tossed it with peanut noodles that we made at home. It was sooo much better than any vegan Pad Thai you get from the regular Thai restaurants. It was about as quick to make as waiting for delivery, as well.
The flat pieces of chicken were like the kind you get in a good Asian Vegan restaurant, with that nice chewy texture. All we did was cook some bean noodles that were hiding in the way-back of the cupboard and toss them with cooked vegetables and peanut sauce mix. This was a really super-delicious meal!
Thai Peanut Noodles with Vegan Chicken
1 package Macro Vegan Thai Chicken1 packet of Taste of Thai peanut sauce mix
1 14oz can of coconut milk
2-4 servings worth of Ammoy flat bean noodles or flat rice noodles
1 T oil (olive or canola)
1/2 C carrots, chopped
1/2 C onion, slices
Garnish: Chopped peanuts, scallions, chives, sprouts or cilantro
1. Cook noodles to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. In a shallow pan, heat oil and add onions and carrots. Stir-fry until cooked to desired tenderness, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add vegan chicken, stirring to heat through.
4. Combine packet contents with coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer 3 minutes. Add to onion, carrot, chicken mixture.
5. Squeeze 1 lime into the mixture, or more to taste. Garnish with desired toppings.