Beef-Less Comfort Casserole

I had a hard time coming up with a well-rounded dinner tonight. The only protein around is our fake meat selection, and I wanted to use up some green beans and zucchini from the fridge. The only logical solution seemed like a stir-fry, but my husband doesn't care for stir-fry. Or zucchini. However, there is one dish my mom makes that my husband actually likes with zucchini. She buries in in cream of mushroom soup, some other ingredients I'm not sure I remember, and covers it with something crunchy. There's so much going on that he hardly notices he's eating zucchini. So I just decided to throw all the ingredients I had into a giant casserole. The result was a big creamy casserole of comfort food, which was not bad at all.

Beef-Less Comfort Casserole
1 can condensed Cream of Celery soup
2 Tbsp water
2 C green beans
1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
1 package Trader Joe's Beef-less Strips
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
1/2C + fried onion pieces
Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder

Trim beans into 2" lengths (I snap the ends of and snap each bean in half). Cover with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile slice the zucchini, add to another saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Boil both about 5 minutes until almost cooked but not completely. Drain.

In a casserole dish, combine the condensed soup, 2T water, sour cream and half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the drained vegetables and beef strips. Sprinkle a few fried onions, season with salt and pepper and stir together. Top with a light sprinkle of garlic powder, then cheese and fried onions. Bake at 400 20 minutes until bubbling and browned on top.

Comments

Trending Posts