Leftover Meatballs with Egg Noodles and Sundried Tomatoes



I am getting very sick of leftovers already. I pawned a container of cookies off on my coworkers (inadvertently eating many myself since they were on my desk). Yesterday I had meatballs with the stroganoff for lunch, followed by a snack of sausage, olives and gratin. For dinner: toasted slices of baguette with sliced tomatoes and basil. Today I came home to snack on more sausage, olives and cole slaw. I'm even having a cocktail from leftover party drinks - Chambord & 7Up. But for dinner I decided to give the meatballs and noodles a re-mix, and it came out pretty good. Adding the new flavor from the tomatoes, and the fresh herbs made it taste fresh. I froze most of the baguettes, but there's still a bit left out so I sliced it and made parmesan toasts under the broiler. Toast is the best. Tomorrow I'm thinking brunch for dinner using eggs, sausage, toasts and re-roasted potatoes.

Leftover Meatballs with Egg Noodles and Sundried Tomatoes
cooked chicken meatballs (leftover)
cooked egg noodles (leftover)
olives (leftover)
sundried tomatoes
minced garlic
olive oil
toasted pine nuts
chopped parsley, thyme and basil
salt & pepper
grated parmesan

Saute garlic in olive oil over low-medium heat, a few minutes. Add tomatoes and meatballs, saute a few minutes until heated through and add olives, herbs, nuts salt & pepper. Toss in the egg noodles and stir to coat until heated through. Drizzle with some olive oil if they are too dry. Serve with grated parmesan or red pepper flakes.

Comments

Trending Posts