Salmon with Mango & Lemon Sauce


It's been a week since I've posted or cooked anything - I've been busy traveling, working and getting back into the gym routine. I always have grand ideas for dinners, but hitting the gym is a priority this week. The holidays are already packing on the pounds faster than I can run them off! When I get home there's not much time between hungry and starving to chef something up. Today, I planned to roast some vegetables and potatoes to go with a salsa-topped salmon, but when I got home I wanted dinner fast. I threw together a green salad, poached the salmon and made a quick sauce. I had dinner within 20 minutes of starting it, and that includes overcooking the fish a bit. But you can never go wrong with a mayo-based sauce for salmon, it can really compensate for alot.

Salmon with Mango & Lemon Sauce
(1 serving)
1 4-6oz fillet of Salmon (Wild Salmon is best for lower mercury - I never buy farmed)
Water
1 tsp whole peppercorns
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp sugar
Lemon rinds (leftover from sauce)

Sauce:
1-1/2 Tbsp Light Mayonaise
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (or juice from about 1/4 small lemon) - reserve squeezed rinds for poaching liquid
Salt & Pepper

Topping:
1/4 C diced mango

Chopped Cilantro
Crushed red pepper flakes

Boil a small amount of water in a skillet with a lid. Add the salt, peppercorns, sugar and lemon rinds. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place carefully into the water (the water should come half-way up on the salmon). Poach for about 7-10 minutes depending on thickness of the fillet. When it flakes when prodded with a fork, it's done.

For the sauce, mix together mayo and lemon juice until smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Top the salmon with the sauce, add diced mango and cilantro. Sprinkle a little crushed red pepper to taste.






Comments

Trending Posts