Fast & Simple: Lobster in Garlic White Wine Sauce with Creamy Dill Potatoes

Today's adventures in Brooklyn consisted of a nice swim in the pool, a trek to Trader Joe's & the greenmarket, and then another trek to Fort Greene to a cute wine shop. I planned a simple New England dinner of lobster, corn on the cob and salt potatoes (okay those are from Syracuse). But upon shucking the corn to find it completely white, I was distressed at the idea of an all-white dinner. It can taste like heaven, but I cook with color. Eating for me is as much of a visual enjoyment as it is satiable. So I pulled a few more ingredients together to liven up the colors. The red of the lobster calls for something complementary and green. What do I have that is green? Cilantro - too southern. Cucumbers and spinach - whole other dish. Dill - reminds me of the gardens my grandparents had in Vermont. And it goes with potatoes. I had sour cream left over from the stroganoff, and a new bottle of mustard powder from the mac, so I figured I'd throw those in too. I didn't achieve all the colors I wanted, but overall it was a pretty simple but impressive spread. I have to admit that the plain boiled corn with butter, salt & pepper was probably the best, though.

Lobster with Garlic & White Wine Sauce
(1 serving)
Pre-cooked lobster, meat removed, tail cut in half
½ Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic chopped
1/4C white wine (I used Domaine d’Uby Colombard-Ugni Blanc)

Heat butter and oil in cast iron skillet. Add garlic, sauté 1 minute. Add lobster. Heat through about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and de-glaze with white wine. Cook off excess liquid and drizzle over lobster.

Creamy Dill Potatoes
(2 servings)
½ lb potatoes cut into small chunks (I used tiny 1-1/2” round creamer potatoes, cut into halves)
1/4C Fat Free Sour Cream
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp chopped fresh Dill
1 tsp chopped scallion
Dry mustard powder
Cayenne Pepper
Salt
Black Pepper

Boil potatoes until almost tender (about 10 minutes). Over low heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Add scallions, about 2 tsp mustard powder, and a sprinkle of cayenne. Cook about 1-2 minutes. Add sour cream and heat slowly, stirring. Toss in the potatoes and stir to coat, seasoning with salt & black pepper.

Comments

Trending Posts