Downtown Brooklyn Greenmarket

fresh vegetables from the farmer's market

fresh flowers and plants from the farmer's market

I debated taking the granny cart over to the greenmarket today. Once I got there I wished I had. There were only a few tents, as usual, but today they had a huge selection of fresh vegetables, stone fruit and summer flowers. I bought 4 different packs of cut flowers and fresh lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. I also picked up a few houseplants - a purple shamrock, some coleus and another leafy one I'm not sure of. Tomorrow I'll replace the dead orchid in the bedroom with the mystery leaf and coleus, and re-pot the shamrock. Hopefully these will fare better than my other plants. I bought way too many cut flowers, and spent the afternoon trimming and grouping them into vases. I ended up with 3 vases and 3 mini-arrangements. I used herbs from my window-garden to fill in the minis with oregano, sage and mint. Now I'm working on dinner... more on that later.

Dahlias & Zinnias

Dahlias

Dahlias & Zinnias



Mini flowers with sage and oregano in a small candle-holder


mini arrangement in a little sugar bowl

mini arrangement in a creamer

Comments

Trending Posts