Goodbye, Shanghai. Hello, New York!

View from the hotel in Shanghai. The first sunny day in a week, but still smoggy.

View of Grand Gateway Towers from the hotel. A few blocks away 
and you can't see much further because of the smog.

After a long week in Shanghai, I returned to New York and headed right back to work. The jetlag was only mild, but my stomach seemed to get the worst of it. I somehow made it through a week in China eating strange foods without any issue, and then I get back to NY and order a BLT at my favorite deli, grab some fruit, and end up dizzy and nauseous. 

Luckily, this is a long weekend for the 4th of July, and I seem to be getting back on track. Yesterday I unpacked, cleaned, and cooked us a good solid meal.  Just a few more chores to do today, and then what to do? We made no plans for the 4th for two reasons: #1 - I didn't know when this China trip would happen or how long I'd be gone, and #2 - the fireworks are over the Hudson AGAIN, so we won't even be able to see them from Brooklyn. We planned our 4th of July party 2 years ago before we even closed on this place, overlooking the East River, and suddenly Brooklyn & Queens are chopped liver when it comes to the fireworks. Why does New Jersey get the front row seats? 

Anyhow, it does feel good to be home. Every morning I wake up and look outside, and I can see for miles!
View from my corner office / dining room. It's like this almost every day.

Comments

Trending Posts